View Single Post
Old 2003-12-12, 21:55   Link #10
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zodiac
Rock!

Johns is the mother of new comic book writers. Everything he touches is gold. And you'll be happy to know that he'll be writing Green Lantern sometime next year.
Sweetness. I like his stuff. Sadly, I haven't read any comics in a little over three months. When I'm at college I don't buy them, but the comic store guy at home keeps them on a shelf for me. So, when I get home from finals, I'm gonna have a fat stack of 'em!

Daredevil's been interesting lately. It's had some really out there art styles. Still good though, despite the fact I didn't really enjoy David Mack's run on it. I like Bendis though. He's half decent.

Avengers is good as always, though not as crazy (in a good way) as when Busiek/Perez were doing it.

Savage Dragon has been rather bleh, as of late. Larsen seems to be just doing a lot of weird homages and parodies...I'd like another good, decent, story arc to start. Though maybe in my 3 month absence something has.

Oh, and yes, JSA rules. My favorite characters are Sand and Dr. Fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zodiac
And the JLA/Avengers crossover's freakin' wicked! It's supposed to play into a new Crisis coming in 2004, "Idenity Crisis", which is supposed to be an Earth-shattering DC event with lasting repercussions.
Wowsers. That sounds interesting. The original Crisis on Infinite Earths was about as cool as you could get. It's great when you get to see so many characters interacting together in the same comic.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote