View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 12:51   Link #3316
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I'm sorry for bothering you guys so much. This'll be my last post about AI.

If AI like FluctLight that live in their own world, wouldn't it be fine to let them stay there and never interfere with them? The differences are there, between digital copy and physical copy. We only need to worry about digital storage for digital assets, but physical assets are totally different, it's different.

Now, how would you treat them as equal like us here if they aren't humans, have no physical body. Do we need to create physical body for them at their demand to satisfy them and let them sightseeing the real world when it's a waste of money, for pointless reason? What if the entire Underworld populations want to take a tour in our world and we have to manufactured millions robots to become their physical body when we can create digital copy of our real world and put in their world? What if they somehow want to have their own territory in our world when they can do fine living in their own world?

I forgot about HOW they want to be treated. Seriously, I have no idea what kind of treatment can satisfy them because they can't enjoy real food if they're digital data, even if they have soul, just like how ghosts can't enjoy anything physical and we have to burn something fake for them to use in the afterlife (if they existed). And if they want to eat real food, I'll feel sorry for real people having to waste their needed supply for seemingly pointless reason.

I find no point why would they try to become real humans, having human body, just to enjoy our food, if they're originally digital data. Resource is limited in this world. It might be their incomprehensible, illogical wish. I can't understand that, I can't help but worry about what would happen if AIs start to do something like that.

In The Matrix, the Machine created virtual world and make humans living there. Everything there can be generated as their wish, while the real world is wasteland without sun, and seemingly no hope to restore to be as good as the one we have now. I'm wondering why the hell doesn't the Machine living in virtual world in the first place, but maybe they are obsessed about having their physical body in the real world that they were created with (like OS installed).

We are born with our physical body, but they are born without.

We would freak out if someone clone us and somehow want the clone to replace us.

We would freak out if someone copy our soul into FluctLight, then replace that copy with our current one (no idea about Kirito). It's the same for FluctLight imo, but if humans don't make digital copy of themselves in the first place, this risk can be discarded.

^^ Come to think of it, being easily copied and backed up is a downside if you aren't freaks who want to live forever and not worried about who you will become next.

The differences are there.

Flare, if someone secretly raised a school of piranha with no one detecting, tired and dropped them in the river, would you blame everyone including you there for not noticing and preventing it? It's outright illegal to raise such things, same as what RATH is doing their real project as top secret.

Netto, umm, I hardly find someone raised in different environment but still in the same world to be as different as digital data and flesh human. The comparison is too close, maybe I was too vague about comparing the difference between RL and Underworld.

Conversation between human and AI, the worst possible outcome:

Quote:
Human: Can you work for us? We'll give your payment as digital assets e.g. gil.

AI: No! We want your real money. Pay me in yen!

Human: ... How about you keep living in your own world, never to interfere with us. We promise we won't mess with you. We'll expand your world if needed, keep the server running forever.

AI: No! We want to live like human, treated like one, with our own territory, in your world!

Human: Fuck!

Last edited by Kleeyook; 2013-01-28 at 13:10.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote