Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 12:32   Link #4952
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
True, not only does the Maus require Ooarai's victory, but it makes everyone feel good about it.
The authors are being quite throughout in this show to make sure that we support the right side... KMM is not only morally wrong, they even take the extra mile to make sure KMM performs rather poorly (to prevent people like me who might sympathize with them solely for their performance). And (at least to me) they even drop enough hints beforehand that the watcher would realize the poor performance was there to begin with, not something added in at the last minute to force a win for the heroines. The excellent equipment is to explain how they were winning at all despite their Quality, while not making us give them any sympathy...

Quote:
That said I do understand the frustration of not having your favs live up to expectations - Yukari's otaku-ness enders her to me and makes me continuously expect better performance from her, and the general meme of her as Miho's puppy annoys me to no end...
Miho's puppy or not, IIRC Yukari does put in a constantly satisfactory or better performance throughout the whole show with the Saunders infiltration being her top. In fact, her inability to pull herself out of otaku mode at seeing the Maus and recommending the correct action is probably the closest thing to a dip. This is something not many other teams can boast. I honestly don't see why her fans can be dissatisfied.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote