View Single Post
Old 2009-03-20, 12:27   Link #59
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
You're still thinking above the subatomic level and not quantum.

When you shift the particle waveform, you are fundamentally changing not the state or form of the particle. But instead you're sliding in between dimensional planes.

Because you're inbetween dimensional planes, you either form an impenetrable wall against particles and energy of this dimension, or you let them slide right through you.

Its like a radio, you have to tune to the same frequency to be able to get it, other wise you just hear static or nothing. Take recieving static as the impenetrable wall I described and nothing as sliding right through.

Another way to see it is, can a 3D object interact with a 2D object? Would the 3D object observe the 2D as a flat piece on the ground? Can you step and damage it?

How about a 3D hitting a 4D? I'd supose you can't even percieve them in the first place, and probably would slide right through a 4D plane without knowing.
Interestingly, part of what Nerfed QT abilities in Sora Kake is that there is limits to QT power. Specifically, the "force" used to manipulate quantum in itself isn't absolute, and can be disrupted by external forces. The idea that Quantum armor can be indestructible is only true for as long as QT forces itself is un-interruptible.

"Something" is holding the particles in phase. As such, even if the particles could not be penetrated, that "something" holding them there, can.

This sort of explains why an extreme quantity of sunlight could melt quantum-ice that are theoretically indestructible. The forces holding the quantum particles in place were disrupted by brute force, and the ice was thus destroyed indirectly.