View Single Post
Old 2010-10-28, 12:04   Link #235
Abashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Have... you ever been to Los Angeles???? San Francisco???? Somewhere outside your neighborhood? No, seriously. Some of the biggest anime conventions in America are in California.

Nice to see someone remembering kashimashi and its novel version of yuri via their avatar though
They only have acceptance for yaoi not yuri. Here in California, even lesbians would rather see two guys make out than two girls! When it comes to romance and sex, California is the most male chauvinistic culture in the world. That is why the otaku culture here has absolutely ZERO acceptance for yuri/shoujo-ai anime (even lesbians get offended by it), while everyone tends to like yaoi.

In anime conventions back east, its common for two girls to make out in yuri scenes. Out west, there is a yaoi con, and its two guys making out all the time and nobody wants to see two girls touch each other, just two guys. There are no exceptions, and i'm the only person in this entire state that loves yuri!

CAN ANYBODY TAKE ME TO AN EASTERN CONVENTION?

I freaking hate the west coast!!!!!!! Its the fucking gender roles here! Everybody here is extremely closed minded about gender roles in California : for example, its considered the greatest thing in the world for two guys to slap each other (they all even universally celebrate guys slapping girls), but everybody gets offended whenever a girl slaps someone (that is why nobody here can tolerate yuri). I was beaten and threatened for my different tastes regarding gender roles, AND I AM ALL FUCKING ALONE!!!!!!! SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF THIS CESSPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Abashi; 2010-10-28 at 12:43.