View Single Post
Old 2010-01-29, 08:32   Link #507
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Guys can someone kindly give me some assistance with scanning and mining for the upgrades?

The moment I got the Normandy again I pretty much strip mined the Omega planets. So far I've probably mined barely 1/4 of all the planets in total. I've recruited everyone but 3 characters (Just about to go to Ilium) and already finished 3 loyalty quests. I really don't feel like strip mining the entire galaxy dry, mostly because my mouse hand hurts.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on how many percent of the planets I pretty much have to mine completely to be able to get the upgrades that factor in on getting the best end? I've upgraded everything I can up to this point including the ship, character-specific upgrades, the medbay and gear in the lab. I'm prioritizing the ship ones since they factor for the best end. Any estimate would be appreciated.
I read, somewhere, that the amount of planets, and therefore the amount of minerals, far overshoots over the needed amount to complete the game successfully. I'm not sure how many upgrades there are as you find more as you progress, but as an answer to your question I don't think there is an estimate. Mine until you can afford the things you want basically.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote