View Single Post
Old 2013-05-20, 09:24   Link #2
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

That's ... that's some interesting choice for this threads image

Never change, monir-san.

I have to say, before watching the episode and just from looking at the early reactions across the net, I imagined that episode would have shown her to be a Yuno Gasai type who just got out of the closet of sanity and started to wreck havoc and break shit. In actuality, she ended up being just mischievous and a little brazen (thought not to the extent shown in that image above! ). She certainly hadn't earned the Gasai badge of honour when it comes to insanity, and while I can see why people would think she is similar to Flay Allster, I honestly think the similarities are only skin deep if even that. Still, don't fuck with vengeful idols cause one day they'll turn to vampires and attempt to take over the universe. (VVV as a cautionary tale against the current idol industry?)

It is clear that she is without a doubt self serving and prideful to the point of sin, which I can understand why would make a lot of people think that she is not very likeable, but at the same time that doesn't make her crazy just (ironically enough given what she is now) very human. I look forward to what shape her story will take from this point onwards.

Another point of interest is her past, and whether what she said to Haruto ends up being true or not. Given the flashbacks she had, I suspect that there were hints of truths scattered here and there, with the result being that she was eventually forced to retire and brought down to earth. Whether she ended up causing her own misfortune in the past due to her own hubris or if she was handed a pretty lousy hand in life and she had to toughen up remains to be seen.