View Single Post
Old 2010-10-12, 03:15   Link #35
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Suffice to say i would disagree with the above assessment of all the other routes being lame, as personally i was rather fond of the developments in Akira's (And also the initiative Sora took in the end, which is a pretty big thing considering how Sora usually is, showing she really had come to appreciate her friendship with Akira and was quite worried about the whole situation, enough to take matters in her own hands in a way she best saw fit) and Kazuha's wasn't half-bad either, though the later could be described as acting silly i suppose, but that's just how Kazuha is around Akira.

At any rate, what surprised me most about episode 2 was the fact they had Kazuha do the button sewing, instead of Akira. I will need someone to refresh my memory here though, it has been a very long time since i played the game, and it might be these developments (along with the sewing) was Akira's route specific, but in that case i really can't recall who else did it originally. The obvious result of this is - Akira didn't (forcibly ) befriend Sora, and instead added another instance for Sora to nurture her growing jealousy (It seems she didn't even greet Kazuha). While the dynamic with Akira can be started at another time should they choose to, the reason they didn't take the default start point for doing so makes me wonder if they are going to up-play Sora's feelings of isolation and loneliness instead, with Haruka's attention being drawn elsewhere and Akira not really being there to nudge her along.

Well, now that i rack my brain on it, i think the game actually had Sora more or less dropping off the radar most of the time when some romance started (Not that there has in the anime, but they will probably need to play with the implications on such with the added focus on Sora), so the anime will have to improvise a bit here. At any rate, i am expecting them to milk the "Sora is lonely" aspect for all that it's worth.

As for the preview on episode 3, it was obviously meant to be suggestive, but it is easier to call the bluff this time when you know the actual relationship between Kazuha and Akira, and what Kazuha would have actually meant with those words, even though the working is certainly meant to be "confusing". I have a feeling we will be getting Kazuha's "route" (as much as she has one once you take out the romance anyway) first, and taking the revelations of that and transition those in to Akira's route, which is where the real meat of the two sister story lies. After that is resolved, an ever increasing tension including Nao to play up the "triangle" and Sora's growing issues, building up to the likely finale. Probably ...you can never know with this staff