View Single Post
Old 2008-11-21, 11:37   Link #104
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
That sure moved faster than I thought, though I more or less expected the duel to be wrapped up by the end of the episode.

I always wondered what Minori sleeping with a pair of fake eyes drawn on her eyelids would look like, and boy did I crack up when I saw her with those.

They should have allowed Taiga to use her wooden blade to strip Ami-tan of her bikini, instead of just her bare hands. She'll look more menacing that way, as befitting of her name.

And Taiga finally acknowledges for feelings, sort of. It wasn't too bad an adaptation, considering how JC Staff chooses to significantly downplay the angst and jealousy between Taiga and Ryuji caused by the cliffhanger on episode 6 with Ami flirting with Ryuji.

A new insertion includes Minori showing how envious she is of Taiga, having Ryuji take care of her. That scene was supposed to be in volume 4 but got moved forward.
I agree with you. I started to read the lightnovels, and compare it to the anime. The stupid thing for me, I guess being a girl and all... the last moment in the novel when Taiga declare "RYUUJI IS MIIIIINE-----!!!!! NOBODY TOUCHES HIM-----!" , I was so emotionally moved that I was crying, sensing her heart and pain. When I watched this episode, I was surprised how they did a wonderful job at portraying that bit in the anime. Again, I started to cry when Taiga proclaim her true feelings for Ryuuji. *just thinking about it, I need to grab a box of tissue*

My brother watched this episode with me, and said "No wonder Toradora is so popular, it's like a "chick-flick" anime. I on the other hand like Kannagi, is more of a guy anime" I reply to him "Whatever, guys likes this too. Here watch the first episode..." So I pass him my memory stick, and he took off. A few hours later, he came in my room and hand it back. I asked him what he thought, and he simply answer "Not bad, I still like Kannagi, but definitely one of the top best. I'll give it 8 out of 10" Then he look at me with a menacing look... "LIAR!!!" I yell, and push him out of my room. I heard him walking away humming Toradora! ending song. I knew he likes it, even episode 8.

Overall, I believe this episode is the best, mostly because it was more emotional moving, and it sum up what Yasuko Takasu said "...But Ryuu-chan should be able to understand, right? ... Taiga-chan's
always like that... Not saying what she really means..."