View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 02:27   Link #328
Undertaker

Sorry, need to be a bit more clear, Touma is the main character, that's a given, and Accel and Last Order can be say to become the main charters as well, but other than maybe those two with Styil and Tsuchimikado, no one really appear enough to say "I'm reading this series for this character"

That was the point I was trying to make. Potchip was saying that Indes series is great because there are a lot of characters, but to me Index is not a series that was character-driven.

It was a series that was driven by its story first, and character second and the characters that appears were interesting enough to make the story even better.

As for the popularity, Index sale was not 1-3 million per volume. That's OP [One Piece] which recently broke most copies sold [all type books] in first week and is the first book in Japan to sell 2 million in first week.

Index sale just recently broke 10 million copies as a series with the 23rd volume, a great feat by LN but not dominant. The classic Legend of Galactic Heroes sold 13 million on 10 books, that was a popular LN. Anyway, that's roughly 400k per book. Still more than Railgun manga, but Railgun doesn't have LN version, and both the manga and anime were more well-received than the index counter-part. That's why I said Railgun is more popular but that's debatable...