View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 04:45   Link #49
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Just realized that Monet had normal limbs when Law arrived (not in the present - should've paid more attention to the background ). Seeing as she is a lot like Robin when she was working with Crocodile, I wonder if she'll be evil in the end - agree with CC's experiments instead of helping his newfound enemies.
Agreed. Monet does appear to be a counterpart or duplicate of Robin, like our archeologist she probably knows about her boss' weakness and how to antagonize him effectively. Nothing against her joining the SHs, but I also don't think we need a fusion of Nami & Robin. It's also worth mentioning that the design of her glasses suits her presence as a chaos themed character (Harpy) perfectly.

Now that our beloved Zori has passed away, I'll attend to his & Sanji's burial. Sorry Brook, but the fact that you've been dead once, I'm not fond of going to the same funeral twice...

Well jokes apart, I guess Law might be able to revive our friends by using some antidote, that would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
[...] he presents them in a light-hearted manner that even little kids could relate to. that's the beauty of it. i like it that no matter how dark or serious it gets, oda always finds a way to bring comedy and positivity into his story. so you cry buckets of tears when something horrible happens, but it doesn't last very long, it doesn't get you down. [...]
Well said man. One Piece will remain a adventure based manga which simultaneously reflects the social and global problems of our time. That being said, as dark as the storyline sometimes might get, it normally won't exceed the content that we read in the daily newspaper.