View Single Post
Old 2013-03-22, 23:47   Link #465
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I did say something like that, but it was partially an argument ploy against Sansker. And no, it wasn't a death I was even thinking of.

As I stated, I think a large problem is that Fate is beginning to overshadow everyone. I don't think Tsuzuki will ever get rid of her (although Vivid and Force have pushed her to supporting cast), but I do honestly feel sometimes that for other people to get development and get sufficient spotlight time, Fate has to be retired to the background. I honestly think that, as long as she remains, he'll feel pressure to keep her front and center at the cost of someone else.
Brushing her out of existence seems far more volatile to me then giving her some screen time but not enough to consider what you think is "too much". I'm happy if I get at least some Fate, but remove her entirely? I wont be a happy camper. I'm not going to come here and whine about it, I may just pack up and leave altogether, though.

Quote:
Lastly, I know you said you only step in when you feel the criticism is misplaced, but... can you tell me something? What criticisms do you have of Fate? Is there anything that you feel Fate is doing wrong, or has been done wrong with her? Something that you feel should be changed? Or something about her development that you don't care for? I'm honestly curious. Or do you think her portrayal (at least in this movie) was 100% perfect?
I can accept some criticism of her, but she is perfect for me. Whether it be the series or her movie counterpart. I'm completely in love with her undying loyalty. So subjectively speaking, I find no fault in Fate. Objectively? Well, anyone with half a clue would realize sticking around for Precia is only going to cause more pain. Yet she continues her self destructive path up until the end. Even giving one last ditch effort to sway Precia, even if it meant turning on Nanoha and friends. This is an imperfection in her character, but a wonderful one. So in short, there is nothing in her character I would want changed. If we're talking scenes, sure. I'd prefer the big damn heroes moment over the NanoFate reunion. Probably a few others if I put more thought into it.

Quote:
For the record, I don't see you as a "Fate fag." I have seen quite a few of those on other boards. Those people are outright hostile to anyone coming close to Nanoha, other than Fate. They'll complain at mere pictures that have Nanoha and Yuuno in them, even if there is no closeness implied. It's okay to like a character, but if you honestly feel that people are associating you as a "Fate fag" then you might want to take a step back. I know when I used to defend Akane in Ranma 1/2 (as a "Knight of the True Fiancee), I felt very emotional when Akane was called into question. Any attack on her felt like an attack on me, and so I had to respond.

And honestly? I would like to see Fate continue and develop, same as every other character. I just fear her presence will start to overshadow other people.
That sounds more like a NanoFate fan to me. As long as Fate's satisfied, I follow suit.
I don't know what people here associate me to, but I casually call myself one on AIM all the time. I'm sure it has negative connotations to it, but I'm not sure if "fan" fully describes me.