Thread: Nintendo 3DS
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-16, 13:22   Link #98
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiagas View Post
I love StarFox 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, why remake them?
Seeing as how the other guy doesn't follow E3, I can understand when you ask this question, but this isn't just simply about remaking or adding "3D" to the title.

This is about a whole new experience. If you read Nintendo's remarks about OoT, it's not about simply bringing the game over to the handheld, it's about a whole new way of playing the game, like pretty much most of the Start Menu on the lower screen, I'll tell you this, I got really tired switching weapons regularly (I recall 4 dif arrows to 3 slots, and I love the Biggoron Sword but sometimes the Master Sword is needed), as well as the whole boot switching thing, if you ask me, this isn't about making it easy, but it really interrupted gameplay by pressing start just to do these things.

Take for example the Nintendo remarks about the Water Temple. To this day, I have never done a complete run of that Temple, and it's not because the GameFAQ FAQs caution it, but rather that time consuming process, together with a few additional difficulties, gave me that "you can either beat the game in a few hours, or beat this Temple in a few hours, your call".

My experience of course comes from when I was 12 years younger at half my current operational brain capacity, and the time when the game just came out, back then free time or way of life was different than it was, say 3-4 years later, but if given the chance, I'd like another shot at that Temple (or maybe, subconsciously I have been waiting for this kind of remake to replay the game)

Think about Super Mario64 DS. That wasn't just a straight up port from one system to the next. It had some amusing touchscreen mini-games, in addition to, I believe, double the stars to collect. So I'm sure when Nintendo says "remake" they aren't going to simply port over an NES game complete with it's 2 action button layout and fully pixelized graphics
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote