Thread: Licensed Dragon Ball Super
View Single Post
Old 2018-07-31, 00:21   Link #6357
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
But they aren't Mary Sues. Would they have been Mary Sues to you if they were men? Cabba got Super Saiyan by some dumb fake taunting and Trunks and Goten got it in pre-school doing nothing but horse play.

The Bias is clear as day if you ask me. you can call me stupid all you want. I can smell Bias Hate a mile away. People like you ignore Trunks and Goten because "They were comedy characters" or some other pseudoscience but at the end of the day, people got upset because they're women. What is so wrong with the Manga version hmm? Upset that Kale did the same thing Broly would have done if he were here? Did you get upset when Hit was uppercutted out? Do you follow SethTheProgrammer by chance? lol

If you took one second to think as you said. You'd realize Super Saiyan hasn't been a big deal for a long time and only now getting upset when its two women is clear bullshit. XD
Seriously I'd have to admit they actually have some legitimate points, and therefore that it's unfair to declare them to have "bias hate" basically on account of the fact that the people they hate are women. Trunks and Goten were raised by Super Saiyans, at least one of whom trained one of them from a young age. It was crazy and in my opinion stupid to make them just go SS so quick but they did have a whole lot of exposure. Cabba was one of the champions selected by the God of Destruction, a powerful and noble Saiyan, not to mention clearly established as sufficiently trusting that he'd buy it when Vegeta threatened to destroy everything and everyone he loved. Caulifla did not experience any actual taunting or exposure beyond a couple seconds, and was told to try and gather energy between her shoulder blades, and somehow that was enough to make her not just go SS but make it briefly to SS2. I don't personally have so much of a problem with Kale, as she's clearly based on someone who was himself a ridiculous OP character, so she has her own kind of precedent. But Caulifla's meteoric rise was indeed stupid plain and simple. Not because she's a woman, but because she was the point where SS was rendered a total joke. It was shrugged off a bit with the brats and forced people to speculate, but it was here that multiple levels were transformed into low-level parlor tricks.

I don't necessarily think they're "Mary Sues" but the definition that fits them would indeed fit them regardless of gender. I for one don't see people hating them because they're women in a show that's already demonstrated it has no problem with powerful women, more powerful than SS from the get-go even. I just see people who hate someone who happens to be a woman. Nothing more, nothing less. Plenty of characters have received hate and derision on account of their character before, male and female alike, for anything from dislike of their character or backstory to problems with their power levels. It shouldn't raise such alarms just because the newest one is female.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote