View Single Post
Old 2007-10-07, 15:51   Link #17
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDOS_GRANDE View Post
I wasnt arguing that your "HD" sub looked better than the SD release or vice-versa. I said it wasn't HD, to which you agreed in your last post.
You don't read too well, do you? HD is only a set of resolutions. Every encode adhering to this set of resolutions is HD. A picture showing nothing but a blank black screen in 1280x720 is HD. The release in question is 1280x720 too and HD.

This is just for the definition issue. If you want to be anal (and for some silly reason you are), so can I.

Quote:
<lots of words, nothing new...>
So, to spell it out to you once more. If you (for yourself) define that with HD you mean "a source that has been animated in a HD detailgrade, mastered in HD and aired in HD", then no, this release is not HD. I even wrote so before, explicitly. What more do you want? Should I sing it to you?

What you now so grudgingly admit in a single sentence is that there is a huge quality difference between both versions. How would you label it then?

"SD" would be misleading.
"Station upscale" is flatly wrong.
"HD master station downscale"?

The funny thing is that in general I share the resentment of fansub groups eagerly labeling every 1280x720 encode or higher HD. The result should warrant it. But: This release DOES. It's that simple, really. And still, relatively few shows are HD-mastered. They deserved to be labeled as such.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote