Thread: Needless
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 05:18   Link #8546
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Since no one else is here, I'm going to start quoting myself.

I put the following half baked idea back in the oven for a while. (It may be a little overdone now.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
We've all been wondering how ANn could apparently travel back to the past and appear to Cruz in the memory world. But what if she was just a figment of Cruz's imagination* , and this vision somehow influences the real ANn's appearance when she comes into existence in the future? I don't think Cruz's fragment has to enter into it though - maybe he just tells the others about her at some point, and that sows the seeds for... whatever process leads to her creation.

* I had yet another crazy idea as I was typing that. Perhaps ANn represents something stored on the data chip, which Cruz was able to communicate with due to the properties of the memory world? Now that would be interesting...
(Since data on a chip is basically just another form of memory, is what I should have said there. In case you were wondering.)

So, if ANn was created from Cruz's imagination, why did she look the way she did? I doubt he's hallucinating a naked young woman with a collar around her neck just because he's at an impressionable age (though anything's possible in this manga). Well, how about this: The chip in his brain contains lost information about the Adam and Eve Projects - which of course would be of immense value to Simeon - and Cruz's subconscious, casting about for someone to help him in a sticky situation, picked up this information, combined it together and used it to create the image of a person sharing aspects of both Blade and Eve.

Or... perhaps it wasn't Cruz who combined the two sets of data. Perhaps he was just reading something that was already stored on the chip: the secret ultimate goal of both Projects. The fact that Blade and Eve are destined to join together into a single being. A being who represents the best qualities of each and is closer to God than either...

All right, I know what you're thinking. We've seen ANn in Needless 1.5, and she seems to be far from a perfect being. But then things don't always work out as planned, do they? And after all, that's just the start of her story. Who knows how she'll develop in the course of part 2?