View Single Post
Old 2013-06-03, 17:20   Link #610
Joyce_Steele
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Lots of my favorite shows are hated or at least ignored for stupid reasons. First Princess Nine, which I consider as one of the best shoujo shows ever made got some bad reputation among shoujo fans due to lack of romance and bishies, what most other popular shoujo shows have. In 2009 Taishou Yakyuu Musume, a seinen version of Princess Nine were also criminally overlooked due to lack off fanservice and such. Not to mentioned it was aired as the same season as the most highly anticipated Bakemonogatari also contribute to is downfall.
It bothers me too when I see almost nobody actually saw Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Despite being a seinen show similar to K-On! but it had surprisingly low moe fanservice but more into characters, relationships, development and plot. Sadly in Myanimelist only 2000+ saw it and elsewhere it never even mentioned despite being shown in the peak of golden age of internet fansubbing. Maybe because it was shown right after K-On! ended and most people thought it going to be another moe shit despite both have nothing with each other except both are shown at same audience group(seinen).