View Single Post
Old 2008-09-03, 11:30   Link #2057
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
In the official canon, Clare has developed a technique called "Flashcutter" after having obtained Irene's arm and learned Flora's technique, "Windcutter". In this story, Clare's "Flashcutter" nickname comes as a result of Galatea's invention; she didn't earn it. In this AU Flora is still known as "Windcutter", whereas Irene isn't "Flash Sword", but "Flash-Strike". Hope that clears things up.
Yes. This clears things up. It's a very good reference: I'm cutting & pasting it on my notes so I can refer back to the techniques. There's so much borrowing of names that I'm beginning to lose track

And who hasn't fallen in love with Flora? She's close to the ideal Claymore...But it's very difficult to write about her. So I think you've done more than decently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Good point! I think Clare's very first fight with Jeane didn't have the 100% clout I wanted. I want to really show that Clare was instantly disillusioned with boxing the moment she stepped into the pit. And I want to continue to emphasize Clare's devotion to Teresa (after all, we all love this relationship), even though she is forced to hurt those she admires and loves.
I can understand this approach. But don't you think her change in attitude is too much an absolute about-turn? It'll all depend on how strong you portray that loyalty to Teresa: that desire alone seems to drive her on & on.