Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-03, 03:21   Link #20753
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Hm, what makes you guys think that Tsukune has learned how to use the Jigen-tou ?

I'm not denying the fact, that Tohou Fuhai might have managed to teach Tsukune how to use the Jigen-tou, during their training sessions, but so far there is nothing that confirms that. After all, considering the fact that both Akua and Ling - Ling didn't need to learn how to use youjutsu techniques to learn how to use the Jigen-tou, since we didn't see them using "runes", unlike Tsukune or Tohou Fuhai, making me think that the Jigem-tou is a completely different technique compared to Tohou Fuhai's youjutsu techniques - in other words I have a hard time, believing that Tsukune has managed to learn the Jigen-tou during his one month training with Tohou Fuhai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
@haegar
Well as far as we know Tsukune doesn't know Jigen-Tou, it's possible that Touhou taught him during the month of training since it wasn't shown, but it will probably appear in the future as a flashback of what happened during his training, if it did happen that is.

As for Akua, let's not go with the harem thing for now, but she will indeed go through great change after her encounter with Tsukune.

Jigen-Tou is one of the most advanced Youjutsu techniques, but now that Tsukune has a reconstructed body that can use Youjutsu, than him learning Jigen-Tou can happen.
Yeah you guys are totally right, I guess I got carried away with the sheer badassness of his alucard berserk form and went on a mindless rant there . I reread the last dozen or so chaps yesterday while wating for claymore.... (still waiting btw) and actually there's two interesting things Fuhai said: the first is after sparing with Tsukune in his elder form: you cannot reach Akua's level in this lifetime" ... and then after that, when Tsukune insisted on "becoming a shield at least, for his friends and Moka" THEN he said sth. like "oh well, if you just want to be able to block jigen-tou there is one chance: human modification."

So actually Fuhai said he can't get him there, though he might be able to block. Having that in mind I actually really find it doubtful that he could beat Akua - then again, gotta keep in mind Fuhai said that prior to realizing about the shinzo power part. So aeh, well I dunno . Chances are high he cannot use it after one month - in any case it would be asspull if he could beat Akua the uber-prodigy with her own chosen weapon of choice about which even Fuhai acknowledges that she has surpassed him already (well "hand to hand" he said, but you use your hands for jigen-tou, so I take it he refers to her mastering the "full jigen-tou attack" he pulled himself, after witnessing it once only ...)

What does come to mind btw - in that chapter where Fuhai fought Akua(37 I think), AFTER they both used the fully powered jigen-tou Akua found out about Moka being hidden behind the barrier - and she attacked it with jigen-tou and it withstood it at least for a couple of panels before it crumbled from it - maaaybe he'll teach him a move like that barrier (he did not anticipate that Akua noticed them hidden behind it, so maybe that barrier seal there wasn't the stongest he can do) - like in ch43 that roundish seal like the ones Fuhai uses appeared above his elbow when he cast the Fuhai style attack - maybe he'll have gained two say half meter size "seals" for each elbow with which he can fight as if he had jigen-tou resistent elbow pads? That might actually make for a nice lookin fight. A totally different problem though is matchin Akua's hax speed - Akasha was suprised by it when they fought, and she was fast enough to dodge even Fuhai's full force jigen-tou from some 10 meters distance ... if he ain't fast enough it really doesn't even mater which technique he gained I think ...