View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 16:18   Link #23
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Does anyone else think episode 3 would have been received much better had the producers bothered to stick with the sequencing of events in RnR?
Nope, I think an advantage the anime version has over LN one is that viewers expected Sachi to be recurring character. They expected her to be one of Kirito's harem member. Put a spoiler upfront that she is going to die at beginning of episode is a bad move. It will also add even more time skip into an already confusing episode. I believe this is correct decision from anime studio part.

I do believe, however, that this episode will recieved better treatment if they just cut the whole RNR deal out, the whole Xmas event things. They can just made this episode purely a Black Cat guild episode so they can introduced Sachi and killed her off more effectively.

I don't if this is really better solution. It will surely give birth to new complain but at least it will make the episode better IMO.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote