View Single Post
Old 2013-10-14, 03:02   Link #33
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Man, Riki, I understand that you're bashful and all, but how the hell could you resist Kurugaya here? Dude, your friends went all-out for you to have the perfect confession moment, and they delivered! And Kuruguya noticing the text message would mean that your confession wouldn't startle her as much. You should have totally went for it, Riki! Kuruguya is a total beautiful dream girl, and she's clearly into you.
It's the result of choosing to go with a linear storyline. We can't have Riki dating all of the girls a la School Days' Makoto, can we?
Actually it's rather clever how J.C. Staff managed to introduce the romance elements of Kurugaya's route without having Riki explicitly confess his love.

I think that they made a good choice in saving Kurugaya's route for the second season since it's the arc that contains more hints to the "secret of the world".
I also liked the added scenes that hint at Rin's jealousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Meanwhile, Riki has better chemistry with Kurugaya than he did with any of the girls featured in S1, with only Mio coming close, from my POV. I don't know if that's to the credit of the character, or just the overall bump in quality of the storytelling so far in Refrain.
Kurugaya and Mio happen to be my favourite girls too. I think it's because they are the smart ones, while Rin, Komari, Kud and Haruka are the "idiots".
(De Vermis Mysteriis)