View Single Post
Old 2006-04-21, 14:13   Link #252
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I rated this episode ages ago but still I haven't put up a comment. D'oh.

My rate has been a 9. Another magnificent episode of a so far magnificent series, but episode 2 had that bit more (I guess the surprise effect, combined with the - let me introduce a neologism - "Harruhicane" we got to know well there) that made it gain my 10.
The blackmailing scene was hilarious and amazing. I've watched it over and over, never getting tired of that. Not casually it inspired my avatar and signature. Haruhi's impudency is so out of the lines and so refreshing. She does the most crazy things without any mercy.
After that, the episode continued in a good way. Kyon is an *excellent* male lead, and also a great narrator. Listening to happenings from his point of view helps the viewer not to get lost, which otherwise may be easy in such a potentially wide world.
The bunny costume scene helped the fanservice (as Kyon, I just can't get enough of that ) but the episode slowed down there, and didn't go anywhere. Maybe it's the first time that an action of Haruhi doesn't lead to an immediate result/happening (put aside Mikuru - if I get ruined for marriage, will you take me? - personal tragedy. Poor thing ^^ ).
Also the final scene with Kyon and Yuki was a bit slow, and that's why I oriented myself for a 9. Even though the final revelation enhanced the suspence, indeed

Now I'm curious on how the story will proceed, if it will stay crazy, if it will actually become more serious, or.. who knows.
Will episode 4, "The boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya", make some cloud disappear? Looking forward to it.

9/10

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-04-21 at 14:32.