Thread: Avatar
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-06, 16:09   Link #228
TrueKnight

With the current technology guess I agree that the journey to Pandora remains militarily a logistical nightmare with conventional weaponry. The viable options is maybe by transporting WMD’s using the ISVs or other capable ships and blow the planet’s surface. Dunno if an RKVV is actually battle proven though…. I’d stick with nukes or H-bomb any day or other projectile weaponry. A Dragon and few Scorpions spamming hellfire missiles are enough to beat the Na’vis dry and scared Eywa…..

If a faction or government decides to pour some funds in the R&D, and the ban lifting of military technology and the use of WMDs, especially in the logistic department, then Pandora. Unobtanium is far too much value to be ignored even by the UN, nations won’t just stay quite and their military as well. Afterall, few greatest achievement in technology had always been pioneered by military development. Like the Dragon air fortress was used in wars on Earth decades back…

On the unobtanium investment, I think it already paid off. Since it’s stated the RDA held exclusive mining rights since the unobtanium was found, with a price tag of a whooping USD 20 million per kilos. ISV Venture Star was made mainly to transport unobtanium from Pandora to earth and vice-versa. With a capacity of 350 metric tons….. who knows how much $$ the RDA made in one delivery.

We know that there are twelve ISV available which categorized as Capital Star. What we also know is that one of them, the Venture Star, is manufactured by an RDA lead consortium, while others probably by different governments/competitors/consortium.

Each ISV carry similar purpose, mainly to transport unobtanium from the system Pandora’s at to Earth. With the fact that RDA held exclusive unobtanium right, combined with the capacity of each twelve ISV could carry (around 350 mt), most probably RDA made hundreds of billions or even trillions USD in the entire one way delivery from those ISVs. So yes I think their investment really did pay off.

Also, RDA was a global mega corporation, of which core of business is originally transportation. They’re pioneers in transportation. Interstellar travel is maybe only one of the main core businesses they’re conducting, with other transportation businesses or line of businesses.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote