View Single Post
Old 2012-09-14, 17:36   Link #441
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I think that usually has more to do with the skill of the writer and the scope of the story being more suitable to fewer or more episodes, but I do think that having both series be two cours this time is better, if to only to experiment with the idea of having longer shows and seeing if they get to be better overall than shorter ones, even if I personally prefer the shorter approach.
No amount of skill can adequately overcome the impossible odds of jamming in an entire 11 LN's into 11 episodes (No. 6), or adapting an entire manga into 12 episodes (Sakamichi no Apollon). Robotic;Notes is a VN, and that means it probably has a lot of content, so if that was only 11 episodes it would be dead on arrival.

Historically the best Noitamina shows are ones with multiple seasons (Nodame and H&C), or entirely original (Ano Hana, Tsuritama). Psycho Pass is original it seems, but then again its plot has a huge scope, and that takes more than 11-12 episodes to adequately explore IMO. Beyond the huge budget problems, scope is what killed shows like C. UN-GO to a lesser extent would have probably been even better with more episodes (It feels completely unfinished...).
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote