Thread: Licensed Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? [WN]
View Single Post
Old 2017-02-11, 14:02   Link #7196
kari-no-sugata II

I've thought about this myself. I don't think it's a problem. Anyone close to Ariel would catch Potimas's attention already - it's not like Shiro was being ignored in the WN. By meeting her earlier in the LN, if anything it would be a reason for Potimas to take her lightly since he would expect that he'd be able to deal with her. The fact that she becomes fully human looking (instead of half-spider) later wouldn't be too surprising or unusual for him I think - other monsters have the ability to evolve or shapeshift into humans.

In "Human-Demon Great War Secret" there's this line from Potimas:
Quote:
「The Demon King's vanguard called Shiro has a considerable strength. I never thought that she can win against that Hero」
Clearly he knew about Shiro before the war started. There were demons working with the elves so this isn't surprising. The demons generally took Shiro lightly so the elves probably did to until this point.

I dunno if it matters but there's no equivalent scene in the LN. But we do see more from Potimas's POV in the LN and there's no indication that he's particularly wary about Shiro.

btw, overall Potimas is more clearly indicated to be a villain/antagonist in the LN. There's more hints early on and it's quite obvious by LN5. Shiro compares him to the Terminator
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote