View Single Post
Old 2008-06-20, 09:46   Link #691
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Again. This takes time and patience. There is no easy way to do this (which I don't think Lelouch gets.) Suzaku is doing the right thing by taken the slow but sure way because it is preferable over a war. I can't but help make the comparisons in this show with the Civil Rights Movement actually. How long did it take? Years upon years. Things get done though and it only takes one person to get the ball rolling.

The execution order was just him not wanting to kill someone. He has always been like that.

So did Toudou technically. Doesn't mean he wanted to kill him either. Heck, he could have killed Lelouch right on the spot at the end of Season 1 if he wanted to, but he didn't. He is against killing in general.
Again, Britannia's system is fundamentally differant from ours. Euphie mentioned to Cornelia about wanting to create a gentler world or something to such effect way back in season one, you remember Cornelia's response? That Euphie's desire means becoming the Emperor, because she can only do so with the power of the Emperor. In Britannia the Emperor holds the power, most likely to affect any sort of reforms, you will need a large majority of the nobility on your side and the Emperor's approval. Suzaku's way is the "sure" way, neither is Lelouch's for that matter. The only sure way would be to dethrone the Emperor and take his power for your own, you'd likely have to eliminate his heirs as well one way or another.

Then why did he let Anya sign the order? So as long as the order did not come from his hands it is ok? So why did he not try to lessen the assassin's sentence? The execution order could not go through without the authority of a Rounds, why did he not try to do something about it if he did not like the order? The only thing I agree with is that he is always like that, yes he is always indecisive. If he truely believe in what he is doing then his conviction and will would not be so weak, he would not let someone else relieve him of his own responisbilties.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote