View Single Post
Old 2008-03-22, 19:24   Link #65
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLibri View Post
The article of Yomiuri said it had been from a telephone interview; a Yomiuri journalist called directly to a resident in Lhasa. I cannot judge whether it is TRULY reliable or not, nor I can tell BBC and CNN are more reliable than Japanse sources in general on Asian affairs. Possibly you are a well-trained critic on media comparison, though I am not.

By the way, I have never seen the youtuve video, but the remark that "it was the first chinese military force getting into tibet" is clearly false. Chinese People's Liberation Army has intruded there for many times. Major events so far:

1951/Sep: Firstly CPLA conquered Lhasa
1959/Mar: First rebel of Tibetan people; CPLA suppressed it brutally, causing 87 thousands death
1959/Aug: CPLA was deployed along Tibet-India border (so-called Sino-Indian border conflict)
1989/Mar: Second rebel. Hu introduced CPLA again (victims unreported)
I think it was refer to the event. But still there is a difference between military force and anti-riot police maintain the force.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=kk27frlLFo0

in this video, you can see the sie of the protest, i think in any country protest with this amount people will require armored police to maintain order or prevent certain things to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLibri View Post
Japanese dumb right-wings and xenophobias might believe so. Not all Japanese media and people. Think separately.

BTW, tell me, which side, pro-Communist and anti-Communist, is called "right-wing" in China? I have been curious for years.
I don't think there is a right wing or left wing in China, but back when Mao was still alive Chinese government was separated into 2 side, one was led by Mao's wife and Jiang Qing, and the other side was led by Deng Xiao Ping, Zhou En Lai.

Haven't touched chinese politics for over 10 years, but thats briefly right

Yes I agree, do not stereotype one nation just because of the history. be more reasonable and logical.
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote