View Single Post
Old 2011-02-03, 21:14   Link #285
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Nope. Vague statement is vague. You're reading into it what you want to, and I suppose I could give alternate explanations, but at this point, I'm beginning to wonder if I should bother. Watch Nanoha sometime. You'll learn that nuances are can ultimately be pointless. Nanoha and Fate, despite all the subtext, carefully worded statements, and actions... are only best friends.
Well, this is where things blew up, yet I hope I may reiterate the point without another explosion: Methinks that you are applying Nanoha (your "idealistic" world, as you put it) logic to a show which at the moment (in my most humble opinion) is very strongly tinged "cynical". Therefore, what you suggest (using wishes to battlerez fallen MG friends, cooperation between MGs, pooh-poohing the dangers to life and limb etc) may make sense to you, but they constitute hair-raising foolishness to me (the proponent of the "cynical" theory).

I do believe that at the very end, Madoka WILL become a MG of the idealistic kind. But before that, I foresee alot more nasty carnage. And unfair Homerun-chan persecution, you meanie. Alas.

We'll see. Ep6 will be slippery slope, and things will get BAD soon thereafter, I think.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote