View Single Post
Old 2008-06-15, 08:58   Link #41
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Finally taken some time to sit and read the stuff here, I can only offer opinions for original fiction mainly. Fan fiction typically needs the reference and poetry it subject to interpreation, but i may comment a few if it strikes a chord with me.
Anyways, first off...
Spoiler for Sol Badguy:

Next being Usuratonkachi's "Last Kiss" story (I've only read your first post, dunno if you've re posted after that...)
Spoiler for last kiss:

Next one i glanced at was black monster's story.
Spoiler for black monster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
I can infer with the title "Water Solidified", but the link is not too strong.

For one, I think your story's close to effortless. It's got everything from perspective to detail; I think the only thing that's lacking is the lil mirror's character. But, then again, judging from all those cartoons like "Brave Little Toaster" etc etc where inanimate things someone start speaking & having emotions, perhaps leaving your mirror as a something solely defined by its description isn't a bad thing after all
Me and titles are at a never ending war with each other, lol.
Titles rarely come to me while i write and i hadn't (still haven't) finished that story, so it'd probably just be called 'The Lil Mirror' for simplicity's sake since the tone is alike a child's story.
I think that came to me in terms of water (like a lake or pond) is the only other way we humans can see our reflection clearly, or a natural feature that "reflects" other things.
And glass is "solid" so go figure
Water solidifed = A Mirror

It is just a snippet, i'll try to getting to posting more in the 'dead poet's society' thread later on, but glad you liked
EDIT:
(read a few more so since DP is frowned upon, spoilered each comment for length's sake and have carried on)

Checking out Spectacular_Insanity's "The Mystic Emblem"
Spoiler for The Mystic Emblem:

Usuratonkachi...
The girl entering the bar story?
More. Now. Please
Spoiler for Usuratonkachi's prologue:

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2008-06-15 at 16:28.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote