View Single Post
Old 2009-10-23, 11:40   Link #840
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
His actions in the "Yukiverse" from Disappearance, mostly.
If that isn't enough, consider how he treats people:
  • Constantly puts down anything Haruhi says.
  • Basically ignores Nagato most of the time.
  • Pretty much only treats Mikuru nicely because he thinks she's hot.
  • Treats Koizumi like garbage. (This one may or may not be deserved...)
  • Has an unusual tendency to blow off T&K whenever even the slightest excuse comes up.
About the only person he's in regular contact with that he isn't some sort of jerk to is Tsuruya.
This may stir some controversy, but I basically agree with all of this except the Mikuru point. Sighs gave me the impression that Kyon cares about Mikuru for more reason than just her looks. I think that her personality is largely appealing to him, and is a part of the reason (probably the smaller part of the reason in fairness) for how he's nice towards her.

Also... Kyon's treatment of Haruhi is one of my big issues with KyonHaruhi as a romance, honestly.

I disagree with Heatth here; a lot of what Kyon complains about isn't that big of a deal - it's not "pure nonsense". Like in the making of Haruhi's movie... Kyon griped over every signal little creative decision Haruhi made. Not all of Haruhi's creative decisions were pure nonsense. Some of them were fine, and not worth complaining over (such as making Yuki a witch with a cat familiar - kind of makes sense given what Yuki was wearing for a completely unrelated school event).

Kyon really needs to loosen up on Haruhi, and let some of her eccentricity slide more often. It's not always as big a deal as he makes it out to be, imo.

Just to be clear, I don't think that Kyon is a bad guy, but he's too anal retentive. He really needs to learn to unclench sometimes...