Thread: Licensed Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 13:39   Link #93
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Ever since his fate zero review I sometimes check out what Carlo Santos has to say on anime,not because I value his opinion, but because sometimes they make me laugh just as much as this episode

Take his review of this show

What makes it funnier is that he gave another show with no plot (nichijou) 4.5/5
There's really only one way to make the ANN reviews be at all useful for you and that is to find the person with the closest taste to your own and follow only them. In my case it's someone who isn't writing for this season which is Gia Manry. Carlo though is pretty much my go to guy for anti-taste and to a somewhat lesser extent Carl Kimlinger. If he dislikes something there's a good chance I'll end up liking it and if he likes something there's a pretty good chance I'll want nothing at all to do with it at all if I haven't already picked it up. However, I'm also pretty sure he could just in fact be a flat out bad inconsistent reviewer for a similar reason to what you pointed out and therefore try not to take too much from what he says period. Don't worry though people on the ANN boards are just as confused as they/we always are with the clusterfuck of conflicting opinions that is the ANN season preview so it's not just us. ANN loves to project this air of vast knowledge and experience when it comes to writing reviews and act like they know best on how to properly inform the public, but the facade isn't really holding up of late.

In any case not sure what else to say. The show is pretty funny if you aren't immediately hostile towards it in that gives you chuckles sort of way. If you're the sort of person that needs cute girls to enjoy this sort of show though then this is one to steer clear of. That's my short take.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote