View Single Post
Old 2009-04-03, 08:28   Link #77
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

While i wasn't too thrilled about Beetrain being behind this one, i ended up enjoying episode 1 quite a bit. (Have never played the game, even if it has been sitting on my shelf for a long time ... curse the horror that is interactive DVD). The mood was rather gritty (supported by an appropriate musical score), the OP hauntingly attractive in a way (if confusing), and the premise a rather interesting one, even if it isn't something we haven't seen before. It wasn't portrayed as over-the-top i was expecting it to be, so this can make for a rather thrilling and grounded tale about two assassins, who are nothing short of puppets themselves, caught in a game of bigger fishes. Animation was nothing to complain about as well.

I suppose it is only a matter of time before the various factions start trying to dispose of each other, and amidst all of that i assume Eins and Zwei will try for their own freedom as well. She definitely seemed somewhat affected by Zwei as the later was lying in her lap, so i suppose it is only a matter of time before some cracks start appearing in their masks. Well, whatever happens, if they manage to keep the mood and presentation of the first episode, i will be quite pleased with this show. Episode 1 surpassed my expectations, and i hope it stays that way