View Single Post
Old 2008-07-03, 06:54   Link #63
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-san View Post
Bjorn Borg dominated clay and grass for several years. Setting records for Nadal and Federer to match. Both have done so with Federer matching Borg's 5 straight Wimbledons and Nadal emulating his 4 straight Roland Garros titles. I think Sampras was good on all surfaces except clay. Which is a difference between him and Federer, apart from Federer being more beautiful to watch IMO. Sampras only managed to reach the quarter finals at the French, whereas Federer would have won it already if it weren't for Nadal being the best clay court player ever. I don't think you can say Nadal has dominated more then one surface. His second best surface is grass funnily enough, he seems to be getting as good on grass as he is on clay. On hard court he finds life difficult. Federer dominates every surface except for clay. No one has dominated quite like him for so long. His win to loss ratio is consistently around 95%, which is crazy.

Actually, I meant a different player dominating a different surface (Federer on grass, Nadal on clay). Thanks on Borg. Sounds like he was unstoppable.