Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-04, 10:15   Link #2035
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
It is illegal for use as a recreational drug. Obviously I'm talking about that when I say it shouldn't be legal.
But what is exactly the issue with hard drugs? I can understand an apprehension for meth, cocaine and other stimulating drugs because it gets you in an overexcited state which can make you prone to harm your peers (even though I still don't consider it reason enough to ban it). Just because it's harmful to you is a stupid reason. There are plenty of things that are harmful to you and are perfectly legal, you know. Tobacco cigarettes, for example.

The problem here is education: Many parents avoid talking about drugs to their kids and the subject is avoided at schools. If you know exactly how harmful it can be to you, and how you can prevent falling for the drug's addiction, what harm is there in possessing it? Or even using it? Why should you be in the same position as a criminal who harms other people just because you own some coke?

Personally, I'm lucky to have had working and responsible parents who both smoke marijuana on a regular basis, and they never became some sort of monsters or anything. And I'm sure I didn't, either.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.