View Single Post
Old 2006-11-07, 02:23   Link #708
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

A few new games out last week~~~

Chanter -キミの歌がとどいたら-
A summer love story that follows the usual bishoujo settings. Nothing really notable here except for the cute character designs and the OP sung by KOTOKO. If you like school life drama, this might be a good game to pick up. Otherwise save your money for the highly anticipated titles coming soon on 12/22. *waku waku*

Miko-kon (み・こ・こ・ん)
Studio e・go! has the miko moe nailed down. While I rarely play their AVG games (still playing Men at Work! 4...), this one really catches my eye with it's nice art and chara designs. Again, not a must buy but still tempting for miko fans.

Ai Shimai (愛姉妹~どっちにするの!!~)
Ai Shimai is quite a different game from what Silkys usually produces so it has garnered a bit of news (softhouses are giving in to the moe trend...) The story is a bit random, revolving around a normal boy becoming a candidate for god. This one falls into the ecchi comedy category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by And the pick of the month goes to....

Alicematic (終末少女幻想アリスマチック)

While I never really got into Otoboku (probably the only one here...), Caramelbox latest work, Alicematic, really peaked my interest. I remember playing the trial a while back and it left a strong impression of the beginnings of an intricate story. Now playing the actual game reaffirmed my impression as there's a great amount of backstory and detail in the world of Alicematic (even the terminology has gotten me confused at times).

The character designs for this game is simply amazing. They do not suffer from your usual recycling of familiar archetypes (see above titles). The music is nicely composed, with hints of "Rozen Maiden" style themes. This fits in amazingly well with exciting battle scenes.

I will post a more detailed review with screenshots for this game later once I get some decent play time. Till then, you can try out the trial version at Caramelbox official website.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote