View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 12:41   Link #1369
Sepheria

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
honestly now that the second season started airing, I had re-read the whole light novel and watched all the episodes.
Yozora is just pathetic, she is so evil,posessive, manipulative and arrogant with no sign of any humble attitude.
Sorry, I have got nothing against you, but I would like to take this occasion to point out something that I think a lot of fans don't see.
I mean, ok, I can't deny that Yozora has a bad behavior, but I can't really stand when people truly think she's evil or a bitch.
Of all the members of the club, she's probably the only one who has a real big issue.

*the text is quite deformed, but unfortunately it's the only translation we have*

"The psychological void to fill the eagle disappeared, she made ​​a lot of attempts.
Recall these things alone, the night sky will be depressed to want to roll over the floor, too failed too failed too failed too failed too failed ...
Subsequently, the night sky's the ultimate choice - give up."

We know for sure that Kodaka's departure had an heavy impact on Yozora's life, and furthermore it has been said that Tomo-chan was created after an event that occurred in high school ( now, we have no idea what exactly happened, but I think it's pretty obvious that it was something important )

Moreover, in the latest novel, in the chapter where the protagonist is one of Kobato's classmate, we discover first that Yozora works at a bookstore in the weekends ( though, this could be for different reason, maybe she just want some money for hobbies, maybe she has economical problems, who knows), and second, Yozora's parents are divorced, and the father is not around ( it also seems that she dislikes him ). Another significant thing in the same chapter, is that Yozora has actually a good relationship with this student. Maybe they're not friend, but however she treats him pretty well in my opinion, proof of the fact that if she wants she can actually have a normal relation ( another example is Maria. At the start, like the novel confirmed, she behaved kindly to her, but after having accidently slap Maria she had to change plans, or no one would have give her the permission for the club )

Yozora, until the return of Kodaka, has never wanted another friend or boyfriend. However, when she realized that him ( probably the only person who has ever understood her and of wich she can trust ) could finally come back in her life, she didn't want to lose the opportunity. What really makes her act so bad, it's Kodaka itself. If we were in another situation, she would have probably just ignored all the other girls. Her problem, it's that she thinks that Kodaka it's the only person worthy of her trust, and so, having to live together with the other members of the club, she prefers to stay inside her "shell" and rejects anyone else ( and ironically, the cause of her failure with Kodaka it's the shell itself ).

Ergo, Yozora is probably the only one who truly needs help. Her issue is caused by psychological problems, not pride, evilness or whatever, that they're more like a "mask".

Sorry for the grumble, but seriously, I think that too many people don't see how much sorrow Yozora has to lead. That's true, sometimes she crosses the limit with her action, but having lived similar things I can totally understand her pain and her problems. ( god, I can't believe I spent so much time on this :I )
Sepheria is offline   Reply With Quote