View Single Post
Old 2010-08-28, 12:11   Link #1005
Axilios
Golden penguin

Send a message via MSN to Axilios
Quote:
Do we have Word of God about the definition of "alternate truth" or "red"? Did Ryuukishi ever talk about Red in detail?
One interview from ep2/ep3 was talking about it. I'll try to find it again later, when I will not be busy like now. It is not really, really a definition, but he is talking about red during a long time.

*edit*

http://community.livejournal.com/witchhunters/7366.html here, nothing new but still.
He is also talking about it in... is it anti-mystery vs anti-fantasy?
Well, basically by itself the red worth nothing.
that's all we know about it.
A long time ago it leads me to a theory, saying that the red is not necessarily saying the truth of the gameboard by itself, but is a notice in order to guide Battler to a certain point, which his the truth. Well. I've abandoned this since a long time ago, but I still think that there is a trick with the red itself.

He was also ""clear"" about alternative truth... Well... Clear as Ryukishi can be.
Alternative truth and, right after, talking about THE truth again.

*edit*
http://darenome.wordpress.com/2009/0...i07-interview/

right here; when he is talking about the "several possible answers" aspect which exist as well.
And nothing else about it after this. He flips the table and talks about the same hint which can lead to the answer in different ways.

That's the only time I've read something with Ryukishi talking about alternate truth, personally.

Quote:
Among the interviews I know of, he only explained why he didn't want to give us the assurance that this game is solvable, without ever telling us if it's solvable or not. However in EP6 the characters state pretty clearly that the "games" must necessarily be solvable. In theory this should also be true for the game we are playing.
Maybe he was talking about the game being solvable with ep 1-4?
I don't know, but since he just finished to read 1-4 again, it could be about this part...
If it is about this, we don't have anything precise. Only a
Quote:
"Beato managed to communicate everything she wanted to Battler at the end of EP4."
and a
Quote:
Quick readers reach the answer in EP4, even more weak points are exposed in EP5, and EP6 gives a nearly definitive answer.
When talking about Battler's sin and Beatrice. So theorically this part is solvable in 1-4.

Also, a part that a lot of people forget way too often, to me;
Quote:
"It is possible to solve the "who dunnit", "why dunnit", and "how dunnit" for up to EP4 at least, but this is from Ryuukishi's perspective. Just because it would be possible for him doesn't mean that it will be possible for all the readers, coming from their own perspectives.

Well, that's everything we have from Ryu. He is not really talkative.

Last edited by Axilios; 2010-08-28 at 12:35.