View Single Post
Old 2012-05-02, 09:36   Link #96
miketyson

Triple_R: it's good reasoning but it's just not consistent with the way the show's inner logic seems to work.

The show's taken its own "military/fighting" angle extremely inconsistently. Mikono's sticking up for Kagura is the best example so far: on the one hand it's enough of an issue that when Amata starts talking to her about recent events, Mikono assumes that that's what he must've wanted to talk about. On the other hand, it's apparently not enough of an issue for Cayenne to ever bring up with her, it doesn't remove her from the active duty list, and at this point no one other than her and Amata are bothered by it.

Same with Zessica's love declaration: despite making Aquarion go berserk, blowing up an island, and damaging one of the vectors (I think that's why they only have 5 in working order right now). If they were writing the military angle more seriously she'd be off the active duty list, or at least barred from further piloting with Amata, but instead Donar gives her a pass. That's just how this show works.

I expect a similar level of inconsistency / "who-cares" to crop up next week with the way Amata paused mid-battle after seeing his mom's hologram floating in the clouds. As-is if I were in charge of neo-deava the three leads would all be off active duty for now: Mikono for sticking up for Kagura, Zessica for being a loose cannon, Amata for questionable mental status...but somehow I'm not seeing that happening.

tl;dr: you can't really get very far applying military/combat/team logic in this show, it's just not something the writers care about even on their good days.