View Single Post
Old 2012-12-22, 16:21   Link #49
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

This show has had it's ups and downs, but I figure this finale episode was one of the ups. A nice reunion of all the named characters was a nice choice (I was especially glad to see Klein again) and giving a little insight towards Kirito and Asuna's now blossoming relationship in the real world. That short confrontation with Sugou at the beginning was kinda iffy, but I guess it's better than the bullshit we got last week.

Also I guess there was a bit of an explanation for Kayaba's "ghost" from last episode here, didn't cover all the questions but at least it explained why it was even there in the first place. The final part with Aincrad being implemented into ALO was a pretty satisfactory way to close everything out. Going back to the beginning of it all.~

So overall what did I think of Sword Art Online? Weeeeeeell...it was okay. I've said this before but I've never really liked the MMO virtual realism contradictory aspect of the whole series and the writing and characters could be pretty bad at times leaving me not giving a crap, but on the good side there were some very cool action scenes here and there, the romance was handled better than most anime do and when it came to actually playing in a video game world I was quite invested. There's no way in hell I'd call this show a favorite of mine and I still prefer .hack way more than this, so I'm not really going to miss it, but it's an alright series. If there's a second season I'll probably watch it and hopefully it'll be better than this one was.