View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 16:56   Link #197
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
there is a simple reason Hiromi went with Jun, she is trapped in her own web of lies! Even after what she told Shin, she is still trapped.
This show is not simple. That is clearly one of the reasons, but there may be more, such as that she actually does find Jun attractive. Or not. Her expression on the bike in the preview looks pretty sour, but we'll see what's really going on there this weekend.

I really hate it when people talk about Hiromi's "lies." It makes her sound much worse than I think she is. She is trapped in a terrible situation at Shin's place and is just trying to get by. Telling the truth would not be so easy, as we can see from when she actually did reach the end of her tether and blurted it out.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't think that one of the themes of this show is: "What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." It's just that telling the truth has its own set of potential disastrous consequences.

As for anyone sleeping with anyone, I don't get that feeling, but they have six episodes and things have gone in many directions already, so anything's possible.

I don't recall many anime in which there was actual sex. Paradise Kiss was the fullest rendition I've seen. NANA had a bit of before and after. Bokura ga Ita had a sort of sex scene. And all of those are shoujo. There doesn't seem to me to be much in shounen or seinen shows. KimiAru has a hilarious (really) yuri incest rape scene, if you can imagine it. There was some rather ugly adult sex in Moonlight Mile. There must be others, but I can't recall them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.