View Single Post
Old 2008-11-28, 14:28   Link #1126
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Actually they do exist... in a way. I went to Malaysia a long time ago, and there were some magazine dedicated to Islam for different demographics for lifestyle, women, fashion, kids and even comics. Yet what all of them have common at least is the fact they have verses from the Koran (called the Quran in some places in the world) which had anything related to the subject they cover.

Surprisingly there's also some smaller magazines which talk about today society with a mix of the supernatural and weird stories that 'claim' to be true(which some i doubt happen) and philosophy talk. There even books by philosophers about living the modern life yet still being religious but one book that caught my attention was about what Muslim can do and cannot do in sex?!

In an unrelated note:

One story from those smaller magazines that took my notice was well....

Spoiler for So NSFW:

Of course some of these books tend to be confiscated by the government especially if they are religious study books which misinterpreted & contradict Islamic values but surprisingly those smaller trashy magazine still continue. Go Figure.
Huh,lucky me,I've read some of those small mags,especially the mystery one.Many supernatural in Malaysia are hostile,believe me I exprience it first hand.

Yeah,those mags still exist & getting better with some diversity.They even has fashion column for Muslim women,that is breathtaking for sure.