View Single Post
Old 2010-03-08, 14:15   Link #46
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Heh... in most cases, they fail to leave anything comprehensible or make productive use of the comment field - so its hard to be concerned about a blank or gibberish "opinion"
If you don't mind, do you have a example post? is your post a 1-liner? Daniel said it best on Page 1, "Just because we don't like it doesn't mean we didn't deserve it." Reputation was never meant to help you improve or anything of such, its just there for people to add or subtract, the messages are just a extra.

Would everyone be happy if messages for reputation were disabled? (I can try to create a plug-in for that)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I still find it fascinating that you're expending so much posting energy on a function you're not even participating in...
I was using it at one point. Frankly I think the rep system degrades discussion as is with people possibly obsessing over it (as we can see in this thread). Its pretty easy to guess what happens to posts when people focus on reputation, its no doubt any different then your average news program. Less objectivity and facts, and more injection of subjective drama in nonsensical situations ("omg look I'm unique snow flake, I can use the word 'moeblob'"). You think I'm exaggerating? 90% of the time when I see these posts they are followed by a post/edit raging over neg-rep they got.1

Reputation encourages people to troll or just post for some form of ego-publicity enough already, no reason to make this fantasy they live in more convenient.

As for the reason why I am participating, its the same one you are participating on the forum Vexx.