Thread: Licensed Persona 4 (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-09, 12:05   Link #2044
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
This explanation ain't quite right, forgive me for being so nitpicky.

The fool arcana is just like any of the other Arcanas where a set personality/family of personas are associated with it, or as you described, the theme of infinite potential because associated with it.. The reason why you get it first in both P3 and P4 is because its associated with the respective groups, P3's SEES and P4's Investigation team.

Now, the real reason why Yuu and Minato could both use multiple personas is because they both had the power of the wild card. This is the main thing that gives them access to the velvet room as well. Why do they have this power? I'd be spoiling both game's respective endings if I told you.
Not necessarily, because Kimidori is right: in Tarot reading the Fool represents the beginning of a story when a literal "fool" steps out of his confines to start his journey into an unknown world. The Fool being assigned to SEES and the Investigation Team isn't merely because Fool is the 0, but because each Arcana carries a different meaning, tells a different stage of the journey and a different lesson for the MC to learn. SEES and the IT are the beginnings of each MCs tale, and each Arcana represents a different life stage for his journey according to what each face card represents.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote