Thread: Photographs
View Single Post
Old 2006-01-20, 05:02   Link #410
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

The passion for photography raised in my a couple of years ago, while during a graduation ceremony I was in charge to do some pics, so they give an (enhanced) camera to make them. Again last spring (2005) during a brief trip the will to get a my own camera increased, since seeing my friends and the beautiful pics they made.
So I saved a bit of money and a couple of weeks ago I've bought this one: Canon Powershot A620.
It has a lot I've to learn about it, though.

For the moment, I can just provide a pic of my baka-neko took when he was sleeping. His name is Melly (feminine name, because we thought he was a female, at the very beginning), he's almost 9 years old now.

Here it is, in all his hugeness :

When the season will be better, I will try to grant something.
So far, my preferred subjects are: the clouds, (especially at the sunset) , the trees, the birds, the green (meant as nature in all its marvellousness) and all the kind of animals. I'd like to portray landscapes too, but I don't live in a very spectacular zone (flat land... but near the sea!). Still I'll try to manage my best ^^

Helly, nice report
My humble highlights about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
I really like the colors in this one:
My personal favourite among these ones: I love the colours in the first place, and these colours contrasts are just plain sweet
Quote:
Here's a strange veggie O_o;
This is very cool as well, it features a good amount of different colours, and nice both subjects than background.
Quote:
And finally, a little seahorse ^__^
The seahorse has to be one of my favourite creatures among the sea, along with the dolphins. It is just so plain sweet. I always remember when I was a kid, and I had the chance to see a few of them very closely at the sea. ^^
Quote:
Those transparent fishes are really entertaining to look at, I mean you can see what's inside them I think they are called "glass-fish" or something like that...^^
I used to have one of those peeps in my aquarium and we used to call him "invisible fish" (yes, what an amount of fantasy ^^). By the way this guy has always been weird. He basically used to stay hidden in the very background for the whole day, and then to pop out when me or my parents provide food to the fishes. Then we could see him. Another thing that I recall, he loved to stay in vertical position.
Last note, compared to other fishes, he lived a lot (I think something like 4-5 years). We didn't even notice immediately when he died, we were just guessing if he was performing one of its "let's see who hids himself better" with his fellows. But that was the last disappearing
I sort of miss him (I know I should be supposed to say "it", but I'd just rather say "him"/"her", since I feel that animals are closer to me than many humans actually are). He was a smart and funny guy, after all.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-01-20 at 05:32. Reason: typo
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote