View Single Post
Old 2012-01-05, 23:45   Link #515
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I still dont see your point. you're saying that orochimaru was weak against genjutsu right? I agree. and that's a big flaw of his. it puts him under anyone with powerful genjutsu techniques in terms of overall power. its not like genjutsu is a hack or something. it drains the user's chakra and stamina just like any other techs
Your initial statement was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
a perfectly healthy orochimaru was no match for itachi back when they both were in akatsuki. thats why he had to prey on a little kid (sasuke). was he a genius and strong? yes. was he stronger than itachi? not by a long shot. its not like orochimaru battled very long vs susano'o. he was such a push over that itachi just ignored him and sealed him almost instantly
Said in response to a comment about not underestimating Orochimaru's strength, I took this to mean you were intending for Orochimaru's performance against Itachi in those two instances to be evident of his strength. In one instance Itachi merely brushed Orochimaru aside with Genjutsu (as he could have countless others just as easily, regardless of their power), while in the other Orochimaru was... well, barely Orochimaru at all. In neither instance was there a clash that could have shown Orochimaru's strength, which is why I am saying neither should really be used as a benchmark for how strong he is. That Orochimaru was bested in two instances that could barely be called fights for him shows his strength only as much as besting a bedridden Orochimaru shows Sasuke's.

Again, I'm not trying to say Itachi isn't stronger than Orochimaru or anything silly like that. I'm saying that Orochimaru is clearly stronger than the instances you're citing would indicate.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote