View Single Post
Old 2011-04-09, 02:51   Link #2383
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Darkest Hour still needs a bunch of patches to get it up and running, which is as always with Paradox games and their community derivatives. For example, for now the German AI in World War One is effectively catatonic. Which means Russia gets to waltz into Berlin unless the player intervenes in a big way. Which means it's probably not fun to play...yet.

The promised standalone scenarios are also not done yet. They'll add them to the patches as they finish them up.

Finally although the Kaiserreich mod is already functional on Darkest Hour on day one, it still needs another version to go before it takes advantage of the game's new features. Given that it is probably one of the most important reasons you'd buy the new game in the first place...

Or So I Heard. This is all from forum topics; I'm not the owner of the game, yet.

Also, as a side note, do you have Arsenal of Democracy yet? That game is slightly more mature, being out for a few months longer and all. Though if you can only buy one game I suppose Darkest Hour is more attractive. AoD kind of settles itself down by now.

P.S. I'm current going through another EU3 DW campaign myself. The new features are actually pretty disappointing overall, though they have potential. The hordes are annoying (they sucked and were punching bags, now they are overpowered as ****), and I'm still miffed an expansion that was meant to make Asia playable *still* fails at that task, to the point of ignoring basic history (Japan in four Heian era factions? A Minamoto Shogun in the Ashikaga era? Chinese naming file still uses the horrendous Euro-centric system that makes you have generals named after Ming emperors' reign names? Argh). But the fundamental mechanics are pretty damn good, so I'm having fun, more or less. I just take out my frustrations by rallying my invincible Prussian hordes (by the gods Germany is powerful) and march across Eurasia until I reach China. Already halfway there at the moment, with the Golden Horde history and the Timurids under occupation.

Too bad I don't have a computer capable of comfortably playing with either the latest Magna Mundi (for IN) or the latest MEIOU (for HTTT).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote