View Single Post
Old 2004-11-02, 18:01   Link #202
zepher

Worst Macross show ever, what's with the whole "magic" and "greenpeace" crap suddenly? Kawamori should lay off the enviromentalist propaganda, its been screwing up his anime ever since Arjuna.
Macross has always been about airplanes, dogfights, aliens, hot-shot pilots and pop-idols, none of this greenpeace magic kadun mumbo jumbo.

And graphically its a disaster too, for its "high budget" it sure has the worst showing of any other Macross series, simply becuase they obviously didnt use the tools available at optimum level.
Like having 3D airplanes, and then 2D explosions over them...and in one ep some mech goes from 3D->2D just before it blows up in 2D...and when they do that "zoom in cockpit" thing...you totally see the character as a 2D object against a 3D backround....and when people are walking infront of 3D object...its so bad...i wasn't even this annoyed when i watched SDF Macross! and that was made by a bunch of amatuers compared to this!
Oh, and also, the character animation is terrible in most places, nasty distortions, and bad movement...i'm amazed this is a ova, it seems like some TV-anime with a slightly high 3D budget. >_>

As an animator this series is appalling, as a Macross fan its even worse. >_>

Well, this ranks lowest on my Macross list...number one being Do You Remember Love, and number two being Macross Plus.

Kawamori should have stopped with Macross after Plus.
zepher is offline   Reply With Quote