View Single Post
Old 2007-11-17, 13:23   Link #55
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
Well Tieria shoot people who put a [CB's] cause in danger, but Setsuna would shoot anyone to tries to separate him from his Gundam. No to mention, Setsuna would imagine a park being blown into bits without looking a least bit affected... I can't really disregard that becuase Setsuna is a minor.
Tieria made is clear he doesn't give a s**t about the innocent victims from the terrorist bombs. It's not clear what Setsuna thinks, but he did propose taking down the terrorists as the right course of action for CB. I kinda get the feeling that while Setsuna doesn't necessarily care about individual people, he would like a more peaceful world (even if only for his benefit).

For the fountain scene, I think if the writers truly wished to indicate that it meant Setsuna doesn't care at all then they would have shown him eating the hotdog while the scenes of destruction were still going on around him. Instead, he's not even holding it. I don't think that's an animation error. It seems to me more like that Setsuna is so mentally scared that his emotions in general are quite numb - they are there, lurking (as this ep shows when he recalls shooting his mother), but it's mostly a case of "still waters run deep", I'd say. Tieria is more like "void" (as in devoid of empathy).

Quote:
I think one point in the future, Ali and Setuna will have a fateful fight against each other with Ali getting mortally wounded.
I think by the time they next fight, Setsuna will be much improved and Ali will develop some kind of personal hatred of Exia. I can imagine him stealing a development prototype to try to take on Exia and then dying...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote