View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 07:42   Link #66
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Don't worry, i'm not going down that road (yet)...

It's just making you questioning your life, you know? Unlike most other romance anime/manga, what happened in Otoyomegatari simply would never be achieved by us. Us netizen won't be able to live in that society. And there's not that many places on earth where globalisation hasn't crept in and destroy up their traditional value and way-of-life. I think it was 10 years ago,back when i was addicted to fantasy romance (magical world with heroes fighting evil monsters and rescue heroines, sort of), that i got this feeling
Well to be fair, not even non netizens can live in that society. If you pay attention, even the early-mid 19th century Smith wasn't really able be part of this society. The most he's able to hope for is being a guest at best...and you saw how his romance ended up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Anyway, let's get back to the manga....

The boy's moms and that schemer are two different people through. In ch 21, you can notice the pattern of their headband. And that manipulating girl is much younger, it seems. And i don't think Smith is that clever. It seems he only want to stay up to watch the traditional wedding
Really? Huh.

Though I think you're misreading the situation, it's pretty clear what's going on.

Ali: I HATE FISH! WE'LL LEAVE!

Patients waiting in line: OH NO Mister smith! you cannot leave!
Smith:I am suffering existential angst over having to abandon these people who want my help...oh hey, the twins are getting married! REVELATION!

Smith: Let's stay, the twins are getting married.
Ali:...marriage? Banquet? Free food? MEAT AND RICE (not fish)! IMMA STAPLING MY ASS TO THE GROUND!
Smith: *Very pleased expression* I'm very grateful (that I can continue to play doctor until the ceremony)!
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote