Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-11, 09:25   Link #1401
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
LOLWUT?

After building up and explaining the technology and how everything works, I thought there would be some awesome battles, but now there is no tension since everything is gonna be fine for everyone?!
No offense but how does tension = awesome battles?

Besides, the plot's not that strong. This series has always been carried by the characters. I'd always find the argument that the series needs danger to be successful quite lacking. You can have decent emotion investment in the characters without them close to dying or contracting terminal illness or other forms of forced dramatization. This and Horizon from last season are one of my favorites in anime as well as Crest/Banner of the Stars back in the days. One thing they have all in comment (besides obviously all sci-fi) is that characters are all fascinating in the sense that you just want to see them on screening "doing stuff"; they don't need to be piercing the heaven or doing orgasmic gattai (though that would be bonuses) and I would still want to watch them.

As a fan of Lagrange as well, I must say Marika still takes the cake for the best heroine of the season. You really don't find characters that are decisive, intelligent, and so bloody handsome nowadays. Throw in some blushing and fuafua faces and you have super fun character that is just extremely likable.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote